The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low carb, moderate protein eating plan that may help shed pounds and fight disease. But with the keto trend has come some challenges for those who want to stay on track. Keto Taco Salad combines the worst of both worlds: carbs and cheese! This recipe proves you don’t have to give up your favorite foods when following this lifestyle
The “taco salad recipes” is a low carb, keto friendly recipe that uses ground beef, lettuce and salsa. It’s an easy and quick lunch or dinner idea.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may get a small profit.
This keto taco salad is a quick and simple family favorite that takes just 20 minutes to prepare from scratch. This low-carb salad is packed with taste and made with only healthful ingredients like fresh lettuce, well-seasoned ground beef, avocado, and cheddar cheese. This simple salad is a must-try if you’re wanting a wonderful, creamy, and spicy Mexican cuisine.
This taco salad is one of those dishes that seems to be difficult until you try it.
Even if you have a hectic day, you can still find time to prepare nutritious meals for yourself. It’s a win-win scenario if the meal is also unbelievably tasty.
To learn precisely how I prepare this amazing keto taco salad in less than 20 minutes, watch the step-by-step video below.
You’ll Love This Keto Taco Salad For These Reasons
- It’s extremely adaptable: if you don’t like all the ingredients from this salad, you can simply switch!
- It’s gluten-free, low-carb, and keto-friendly. If you don’t use cheese and use dairy-free yogurt, you can make it dairy-free and paleo!
- Keto taco bowls are a quick and easy way to meal prep lunches for the week! Changing up your protein, vegetables, and cheeses can help you stick to your eating plan without getting bored.
Keto Taco Salad Ingredients
You’ll only need a few basic items for this rebuilt taco salad, which I’m sure you already have on hand.
This gluten-free, low-carb salad is ideal for those following a ketogenic diet. It’s also adaptable, and the serving size is substantial.
To make a keto taco salad, you’ll only need a few low-carb ingredients:
- ground beef – I use a lean 85% ground beef, but you can use ground turkey, pork, or chicken.
- olive oil – to cook the ground beef/
- homemade taco seasoning – often loaded with sugars, I chose to make a big batch of taco seasoning and store in my pantry.
- Romaine lettuce – my favorite is romaine lettuce but any green leafs suce as iceberg or baby spinach will work.
- grape tomatoes – you can omit this ingredient if you are attempting to reduce the total carbs.
- cheddar cheese – shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese it’s the best. I like to shred my cheese because most shredded cheese has additives that you should avoid.
- avocado – chose a ripe avocado that’s super creamy. If you prepare this ahead of time, make sure you add this just before serving.
- onion, green
- salsa without sugar
- sour cream – For a ligher, low calorie taco salad replace sour cream to Greek yogurt.
What Is Keto Taco Salad and How Do I Make It?
Browning the meat is the most “complex” aspect, yet it takes less than 10 minutes. When the meat is nearly done, I like to season it.
I make the taco seasoning at home since I am a big advocate of natural products.
Store-bought mixes often include excessive amounts of added sugars, carbohydrates, and other harmful additives that I want to avoid.
It’s simple to create, and you’ll save money and keep an eye on the quality of the components in the end.
To save time, begin cutting the veggies while the beef is browning.
There’s no need to create a salad dressing separately. The salsa and sour cream cover all of the ingredients wonderfully, resulting in a creamy and delectable salad.
The biggest advantage of preparing meals at home is that you may change the amount of ingredients to suit your preferences. It’s also easy to figure out how many macros are in a certain meal if you know precisely what’s in it.
Excellent for Meal Preparation
The low carb taco salad is also Excellent for Meal Preparation. Cook the beef in advance, chop the vegetables and prepare the dressing. Store in individual containers in the refrigerator.
During the week, you can quickly mix all of the ingredients and add any keto toppings you choose. The keto salad would be fantastic with some low-carb cheese chips, which are also quite simple to prepare.
Use greek yogurt instead of sour cream and ground turkey instead of ground beef if you want to save calories.
You may also cut down on the amount of cheddar cheese without compromising flavor.
Make your Keto Taco Salad your own.
This nutritious taco salad’s toppings may be tailored to your preferences.
- I used romaine lettuce, but whatever leaves you choose, such as baby spinach, kale, iceberg lettuce, or the same amount of salad mix, would work.
- Guacamole may be used in lieu of the avocado.
- Remove any items you don’t like for and substitute them with low-carb veggies such as cucumber, red pepper, and olives.
- Our salad is dressed well with salsa and sour cream. You may choose from a variety of salsa kinds, each with a varying amount of spiciness. If you wish to offset the spicy taste of the meat, use a mild salsa.
- Add some freshly chopped cilantro to the taco salad to make it healthier.
Taco Salad with Carbs
Only 4g net carbohydrates and roughly 400 calories in this massive dish of taco salad. Enjoy a delectable salad that will keep you full and happy for an extended period of time.
How to Keep Things Safe
Prepare all of the ingredients and separate them into various containers to preserve this keto salad and keep it fresh for a few days. When you’re ready to eat, combine all of the ingredients. Leftover taco salad should be eaten the following day to avoid becoming soggy.
Looking for more recipes for ketchup salads? Consider the following:
This is a wonderfully simple, tasty, and nutritious taco salad dish that you will adore right away. This salad takes approximately 20 minutes to prepare and has only 4 grams of net carbohydrates per dish. When you’re wanting Mexican cuisine, this is a terrific alternative to a high-carb lunch. Ground beef tastes that have been perfectly roasted and seasoned meet the freshness of all the veggies.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- romaine lettuce, 12 ounce
- 1/2 gallon grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded strong cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado (medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, greens
- 3 tbsp salsa without sugar
- sour cream, 3 tbsp
Mode of Preparation Stop your screen from turning black.
1 tbsp olive oil, heated in a pan over medium-high heat
Brown the ground beef for 8 to 10 minutes. 1 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning
Remove the meat from the pan after it has been uniformly browned, and drain any extra grease.
In a big bowl add the chopped romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, avocado, onion, greens, and the shredded cheddar cheese.
Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side.
Mix in the cooked meat and toss to coat all of the ingredients. Enjoy!
How do we figure out how much food to eat?
These Nutritional Information listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our Nutritional Information are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special discounts, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
Watch This Video-
- layered taco salad recipe
- doritos taco salad
- chicken taco salad recipe