Carbs in popcorn are not the same as carbs you get from eating other foods. They’re a different kind of carb, so it’s hard to say whether or not they have any effect on your blood sugar level.,
Microwave popcorn is a great snack for movie night, but it’s not always keto-friendly. The “is microwave popcorn keto-friendly” article discusses how to make your own low carb microwave popcorn.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may get a small profit.
Popcorn is one of the greatest foods to have while watching your favorite TV program on the sofa or at the movies. Of course, you can eat a lot of popcorn, particularly if you’re caught up in the excitement of the movie, but is this a keto-friendly food? This post will provide you with the solution.
What Exactly Is Popcorn?
Popcorn is a healthier snack than chips or chocolate since it contains enlarged corn that has been heated. Air-popped popcorn is a good source of carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making it a healthy snack.
Microwave popcorn was created in 1981, while the first commercial popcorn machine was established in 1885. With the invention of the commercial motor in 1885, popcorn became a popular movie snack.
Popcorn is a popular snack made from dried maize kernels that is considered a whole grain. Popcorn may be made on the stove, in the microwave, or using an air popper.
Nutritional Value of Popcorn
Popcorn is a complete grain that is very healthy. It’s high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, all of which may benefit your general health.
2 cups of handmade air-popped popcorn, according to the USDA website, contains:
- calorie count: 62 kcal
- Carbohydrates in total – 13 g
- 2 g protein
- 0.6 g fat
- 2.4 g fiber
- 10.6g net carbs
Homemade popcorn is low in calories but rich in fiber, making it wonderfully satisfying.
Is Popcorn a Keto Food?
The simple answer is yes, popcorn can be consumed on a keto diet, however the quantity consumed is dependent on the amount consumed.
So, sure, popcorn is keto as long as you can include it in your daily carb allowance.
For instance, if your net carb allowance is 50 grams, you may eat around 2 cups of popcorn. To remain in ketosis, however, choose for air-popped popcorn, which is the most nutritional and free of harmful fats and artificial flavorings.
To create Air Popped Popcorn, combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. I normally use this Hot Air Popper, which requires no oil and produces popcorn in record time.
How Do I Incorporate Popcorn Into My Keto Diet?
Whether you prefer snacking and are wondering if popcorn is one of the greatest ketogenic snacks, here’s how you may enjoy it:
- Air-popped popcorn has less carbohydrates, calories, and fat.
- Make sure you measure your serving size and use a keto calculator to figure out how much carbs you can eat each day.
- To flavor your popcorn, use healthy fats like unsalted butter, coconut oil, and spices.
- On a ketogenic diet, store-bought pre-popped popcorn is not suggested since it’s high in chemicals and easy to overeat.
Alternatives to Keto Popcorn
Instead of popcorn, here are a few keto-friendly foods to try:
- Zucchini Chips – chips and vegetables at the same time, what a fantastic concept!
- Fries with Zucchini
- Cheese Chips — since they are virtually totally comprised of cheese, they are one of my favorite options.
- Crackers with Cheese
- Pork Rinds — They’re salty, crunchy, and addictive, much like popcorn. Pork rinds do not contain any carbs, unlike popcorn.
- Jerky made from beef
- Cheddar Crackers with Cheese
- Keto Tortilla Chips – dip them in salsa, guacamole, or a cheese sauce for a delicious snack.
- Chips of salami
- Roasted Cauliflower — it’s not as tasty as popcorn, but believe me when I say you must try my recipe.
- Seeds and Nuts
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special discounts, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
The “is skinny pop popcorn keto-friendly” is a question that has been asked many times. It is important to know what type of carbs are in your snack before you decide if it’s good for you or not.
- net carbs in popcorn 1 cup
- can you eat buttered popcorn on keto
- is popcorn keto-friendly
- carbs in microwave popcorn
- how many carbs in popcorn bag